DESCRIPTION OF HOUSEHOLD/FARM
Beekeeping in the territory of Jagodina dates back to the 19th century. First written records indicate that the first meeting of beekeepers was on 7 August 1897 in the premises of the primary school where the today’s office of RTS is. The meeting was opened by the prominent beekeeper of that time, the abbot Metodije Milovanović, the head of the monastery Vitovnica, who was originally from Petrovac na Mlavi. It was agreed to form a bekeeping associationn that will work on the improveent of agricultural business. It was called Serbian beekeeping association.
During the twenties in Jagodina, there was the branch of Serbian beekeeping association whose activities over time slowly ended.
On the initiative of several young beekeepers in Jagodina on 6 February 1932 there was a meeting of beekeepers from Jagodina and surrounding places to re-establish the earlier activities of the branch. The meeting was held in Nastićeva pub. The meeting was chaired by the most prominent beekeeper in Jagodina and one of the fouder of Serbian beekeeping association, Dimitrije Dimitrijević, a retired school superintendent. The branch decided to be named Morava. At the end of 1933 in Jagodina a beekeeping cooperative Morava was established. Since then the beekeeping association Pomoravlje has been working. The association has achieved significant results in the expansion and improvement of beekeeping. Both the association and its members have won recognitions by the Beekeeping Association of Serbia (SPOS). In 2011 there were 78 members.